Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not Too Close

I have told my mother about wanting to dive with sharks, and it worries her. I understand that it will worry her, but I don't want her to get so worried that she won't let me dive. I have explained to her that I will not get too close or be stupid like a man on an Animal Planet show who nearly got his lips bit off by a nurse shark after kissing it. I am not planning on getting up in sharks' faces and hugging them or anything like that. I may stroke them gently if they swim by me, but I will not get too close for comfort. I don't think they are dangerous, but I do know that they are very capable of hurting you if you harass or frighten them. I will not treat them like puppies or dogs but respect them as creatures whom environment I am invading and as creatures who could rip my leg off if they wanted to. They are not monsters but they can turn into them very quickly, and for that reason I will not be stupid and not get too close.

No comments:

Post a Comment