Friday, December 2, 2011

Recent Shark Attacks

Every time a new shark show premieres, I just have to watch it. So of course, when Nat Geo Wild made "Shark Attack Experiment Live", I watched it. A team of scientists are doing tests in the water with sharks to separate fact from myth, to see if sharks are out to get us. The reason is because they stated that in 2011, there have been more shark attacks and fatalities than any year in decades. Does this surprise me? A little. But does it scare me? No. I think that the reason for these attacks may be because of the growing human population. The global population recently hit 7 billion, and the more people there are on the globe, the more often beaches are visited. WE are invading their territory, they are not maliciously killing more people on purpose. Therefore, the fact of more shark attacks doesn't frighten me one bit.

1 comment:

  1. More people in the water definitely increases the probability of human shark encounters. I'm sure that any of us who spend time in the ocean have been near sharks and not even known it!!

    ReplyDelete