Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sport Fishing

Have you ever seen a picture or video of a shark hanging by its tail with a bloody hook in the corner of it's mouth? Well, that shark was probably killed for sport, which is for pleasure and competition. Competitions will be held for who can catch the biggest shark. I do not understand sport fishing and I believe that it is unnecessary and needless. Enough sharks are already killed for shark fin soup, we don't need anymore to be killed so anglers can break records for shark sizes. If there was no finning, I don't think that sport fishing would be as bad but with the situation that sharks are in right now, anglers should just forget the competition and start thinking about the health of the oceans.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Haley, you are right, shark finning is cruel and unnecessary. The videos I've seen are terrible. I've never had this kind of soup and I would not want to support a restaurant that serves it. I'll stick with Professor K's recommendation of egg drop soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad that you agree with me and Professor K:)

    ReplyDelete