Saturday, October 29, 2011

Petitions

Last month, I signed a petition to ban shark products on the U.S. Today, I signed 10 petitions for sharks all over the world including Europe, India, Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand. Some were to ban finning and other were to ban shark products, but it is all the same concept really. I put personal comments on all of them. On one for Australia, I put "Shark finning must stop everywhere, one country at a time". Sadly, most of the petitions I went to were nowhere near the goal (most had a goal anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 but only had a few hundred signatures), but they were closed. One had a goal of 10,000 but only had like 100 signatures, and it was closed. That upset me. There was one to ban shark finning worldwide with a goal of 20,000 and I was the first person to sign it. I couldn't believe that it had zero signatures! But I was proud to be the first to sign it. I signed one with a goal of 50,000 to ban finning in European waters, but I'm sure it will never reach it's goal sadly. But I am very happy and proud to have signed 11 petitions to ban the fin trade cycle as well as 1 to end the Japanese dolphin hunt in Taiji. I know that this has nothing to do with my blog, but I as a huge dog lover, also signed a petition to end the mistreatment of dogs in Bali whether it's being beaten, neglected, starved, stolen, or poisoned for meat.

1 comment:

  1. You should post links to the petitions on your blog so followers can sign as well:)

    ReplyDelete